Tony Mounce Mortgages Limited (FSP451986, trading as TMO) is a Financial Advice Provider (FAP) licensed and regulated by the Financial Markets Authority (FMA) to provide financial advice services.
Conflicts of interest, commissions and other incentives
Tony Mounce Mortgages Limited is paid commissions by lenders linked to the amount borrowed. The commission is shared with employed advisers (who are eligible to receive incentive payments if a certain level of overall performance is achieved, based on many factors such as good conduct and client care, as well as meeting volume targets) and contracted advisers. Shareholder advisers may receive commissions indirectly in the form of drawings and dividends. To ensure our advisers prioritise our clients’ interests:
- We follow an advice process that ensures our recommendations are made appropriately, based on clients’ goals and circumstances
- All our advisers undergo annual training about how to manage conflicts of interest
- We maintain registers of conflicts of interest and of gifts and incentives received. These registers are monitored regularly, and additional training is provided as required
- We undertake an annual independent Compliance Assurance Review by a reputable compliance adviser
Tony Mounce Mortgages Limited and our advisers have duties under the Financial Markets Conduct Act 2013 to:
- Give priority to your interests
- Exercise care, diligence, and skill in providing you with advice
- Meet standards of competence, knowledge and skill set by the Code of Professional Conduct for Financial Advice Services (these are designed to make sure that we have the expertise needed to provide you with advice)
- Meet standards of ethical behaviour, conduct and client care set by the Code of Professional Conduct for Financial Advice Services (these are designed to make sure we treat you as we should and give you suitable advice).
Fees and expenses
Generally, we do not charge clients fees, expenses or any other amount for the financial advice services we provide. There may be certain situations where a fee will be charged, such as working with a lender who does not pay us commission. If this applies to your situation it will be disclosed to you in advance. In addition, we may charge you the fees below.
We may charge you a cancellation fee once you enter into a loan via Tony Mounce Mortgages and it is repaid (in part or whole) or refinanced (in part or whole) within 28 months of the loan being issued, if we are required to repay commission to the lender.
We may also charge you a fee for time spent assisting you, if you do not progress with an unconditionally approved loan.
Nature and scope of the advice
We provide financial advice services about:
- Mortgage products
- Personal loan products
We will also help you to make your application including dealing with the lender and we will continue to assist you if a mortgage or loan is issued.
We will get in touch about refixing your fixed rate before the expiry of a fixed rate term.
We can advise on mortgage and loan products from the following lenders:
- Adroy Capital Limited
- Advantage Finance Limited
- AMFL Limited
- ANZ Bank New Zealand Limited
- ASB Bank Limited
- Avanti Finance Limited
- Bank of China (New Zealand) Limited
- Basecorp Finance Limited
- BIZCAP NZ Limited
- BNZ Bank
- Bright Enterprise Holdings Limited
- Conrad Funds Management Limited
- Churchill Funding Limited
- Core Finance Limited
- Cressida Capital
- Fico Finance Limited
- First Mortgage Trust
- General Finance Limited
- Gold Band Finance Limited
- Heartland Bank Limited
- Kiwibank Limited
- Liberty Financial Limited
- Midland Funds Management Limited
- MTF Finance Rangiora
- Mutual Credit Finance Limited
- One Partner Limited
- Pallas Capital Limited
- Pepper Money Limited
- Prospa NZ Limited
- Resimac Home Loans Limited
- SBS Bank
- Select Lending Limited
- Sovereign / AIA
- Southern Cross Finance Limited
- The Co-operative Bank Limited
- TSB Bank Limited
- Unity Credit Union
- Westpac New Zealand Limited
- Wroxton Finance Limited
Complaints handling and dispute resolution
If you are not satisfied with our service or financial advice, please tell us as soon as possible.
Call: +64 3 365 8625
Write to: PO Box 29521, Riccarton, Christchurch 8440
When we receive a complaint:
- We will consider your complaint and let you know how we intend to resolve it. Where possible, we try to resolve your complaint immediately
- If we are unable to resolve your complaint to your satisfaction immediately, we will acknowledge your complaint within 2 business days. We may contact you to get further information about your complaint
- We aim to provide a final decision within 10 working days of receiving a complaint. If we need more time to investigate your complaint, we will let you know when you can expect to receive a response to your complaint
- We will contact you by phone, email or letter to let you know whether we can resolve your complaint and how we propose to do so
If we are unable to resolve the complaint to your satisfaction, you can contact Financial Services Complaints Ltd (FSCL) – A Financial Ombudsman Service. FSCL provides a free and independent dispute resolution service that may help to investigate or resolve your complaint if we haven’t been able to do so to your satisfaction.
You can contact FSCL at:
Freephone: 0800 347 257