Information About Us
Tony Mounce Mortgages Limited (FSP451986, trading as TMO) is a Financial Advice Provider (FAP) licensed and regulated by the Financial Markets Authority (FMA) to provide financial advice.
Nature and scope of the advice
We provide financial advice about:
- Mortgage products
- Personal lending products
Fees or expenses
Generally, we do not charge clients fees, expenses or any other amount for the financial advice we provide. There may be certain situations where a fee will be incurred, such as working with a lender who does not pay us commission. If this will apply to your situation, this will be disclosed to you in advance.
If you purchase a product via TMO and cancel it within 24 months and the product provider requires us to payback the commission we had received, then we may charge you a cancellation fee equivalent to the amount we have to payback. An indication of the cancellation fee amount is included in our disclosure documentation at the time our advice is provided to you.
Complaints handling and dispute resolution
If you are not satisfied with our service or financial advice, please tell us as soon as possible.
Call: 03 365 8625
Write to: PO Box 29521, Riccarton, Christchurch 8044
When we receive a complaint:
- We will consider your complaint and let you know how we intend to resolve it. Where possible, we try to resolve your complaint immediately
- If we are unable to resolve your complaint immediately, we will acknowledge your complaint within 2 business days. We may contact you to get further information about your complaint
- We aim to resolve complaints within 10 working days of receiving them. If we need more time to investigate your complaint, we will let you know when you can expect to receive a response to your complaint
- We will contact you by phone, email or letter to let you know whether we can resolve your complaint and how we propose to do so
If we cannot agree on how to fix the issue, or if you decide not to use our internal complaints process, you can contact our external disputes resolution scheme, Financial Services Complaints Ltd (FSCL). FSCL provides a free and independent dispute resolution service that may help to resolve your complaint if we haven’t been able to do so to your satisfaction. To contact FSCL:
You can contact the FSCL Scheme at:
Freephone: 0800 347 257
Fax: +64 4 472 3728
Write to: PO Box 5967, Wellington 6145
Conflicts of interest and commissions
Our employed advisers receive a salary as an employee of Tony Mounce Mortgages Limited. They are eligible to receive a six-monthly incentive payment if a certain level of overall performance is achieved, however this amount is not significant in relation to the adviser’s salary. The amount paid to the adviser is based on many factors such as good conduct and behavioural competencies, as well as meeting sales targets.
We have contractual relationships with some of our lenders that require our advisers to place an agreed amount of business with them.
To ensure our advisers prioritise our clients’ interests:
- We follow an advice process that ensures our recommendations are made appropriately, based on clients’ goals and circumstances
- All our advisers undergo annual training about how to manage conflicts of interest
- We maintain registers of conflicts of interests and the gifts and incentives we receive. These registers are monitored regularly, and additional training is provided as required
- We undertake an annual independent Compliance Assurance Review by Strategi
Tony Mounce Mortgages Limited and our advisers have duties under the Financial Markets Conduct Act 2013 relating to the way that we give advice.
We are required to:
- give priority to your interests
- exercise care, diligence, and skill
- meet standards of competence, knowledge and skill set by the Code of Professional Conduct for Financial Advice Services
- meet standards of ethical behaviour, conduct and client care set by the Code of Professional Conduct for Financial Advice Services